🆕 Latest Product - Lovense Tenera 2

Suppliers forcing me to increase price
I run a discount sex toy shop online that sells products at some of the lowest, although not the lowest, prices online.

Over the last ~5 years I have had most dropshippers, wholesalers and product manufacturers contact me to increase my prices.

Distributors usually say that manufacturers have said they will stop supplying them if their dropship/wholesale account holders don't increase prices. Manufacturers frequently say put your prices up and threaten withdrawing supply agreement or changing terms of supply to make it unviable to do business with them.... I was under the impression that UK Competition Law prevented this kind of thing happening as it's illegal.

Perhaps fellow sex toy business owners have experienced price fixing issues similar to this?
It is not uncommon for Retailer A to complain to Supplier B about the low prices charged by a competing retailer, Retailer C, with the intention or expectation that the supplier will pressurise C to increase its prices or in some way punish C. However, if, following the complaint, the supplier does take that action against Retailer C then Retailer A and the Supplier B may well be considered to be party to an agreement or concerted practice in breach of EU or UK competition law. In addition, if Retailer C does change its pricing policy following the supplier's approach, then it may well also be considered to be part of a tripartite anti-competitive arrangement with Retailer A and the Supplier B.
They are not allowed to force you, so you should just name and shame them.

I once had Claire from net1on1 phone me saying and SS365 used to display something to that effect on their wholesale website.

A supplier cannot dictate to you at what price you sell, if they do report them to the Competition & Markets Authority:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicatio...to-the-cma or email general.enquiries@cma.gsi.gov.uk